Random Posts

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cribbage, an Alternate to Chess, Poker, Go and Backgammon

 
    Besides chess a lot of players seem to like backgammon, Go and poker. Go is fun, but I never met many people who knew how to play it. The same goes for cribbage, but it’s my favorite card game. I learned it years and years ago from the same kid who taught me how to play chess. I ran into a couple of people who played it when I was in in the military, but almost no one since then.
    Cribbage has several distinctive features: the cribbage board used for scorekeeping, the crib or box (a separate hand counting for the dealer), two distinct scoring stages (the play and the show) and a unique scoring system. It's not difficult to learn and if you can force your wife, your kid, your neighbor to somebody at the chess club to learn, it's a worthy alternative to chess.

How to play
American Cribbage Congress
Play on line against the computer

No comments:

Post a Comment