Random Posts

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hawaiian Orangutan Attack Reversed

     I have posted about the merits (or lack of merits) of the Hawaiian Orangutan Attack or the Kadas Opening or the Desprez Opening a couple of times, but did you know you can also play it reversed?! This game was fun to play. White played the opening pretty well, but faltered at move 8 by making an exchange that resulted in an unfavorable material imbalance. I thought the ending was strongly in my favor and it was...theoretically at least. Looking at the game with Stockfish revealed, as it usually does, some hidden nuances. If white had found the best moves, things would have gotten very tricky and because I'm not quite as good as Stockfish, I'm pretty sure I would have misplayed the ending and could have possibly lost a "won" game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment